[OTR-users] otrproxy 0.2.0 for OSX does non-otr users not 'talk back'

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Thu Feb 24 18:51:17 EST 2005

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:33:40AM +0100, Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg wrote:
>
>>When I have OTRproxy 0.2.0 for OSX installed I notice a problem;
>>
>>   When talking to an OTR enabled friend it works but when talking to
>>   an excisting buddy that is not otr enabled he can not 'talk back'
>>   to me. There is no Reply Box on -his- screen.
>>
>>   http://high5.net/ichat/ichat.jpg
>>
>>   This person has an AIM account.
>

> What do you mean by Reply Box?  Does he not see what you type?

Oh sorry, I was not complete enough.

This person does not have OTR installed.
He uses iChat.
He has an AIM network IM account.

I am using OTRproxy for OSX and configured my iChat client
with https and port 8080. I have an .mac account and use iChat.
He is in my buddy list.

When I message him a 'chat' starts but I am the only person
who can type.

He can not type 'back'

There is just no reply box where he can type stuff -in-.

Aldert.