[OTR-users] otrproxy 0.2.0 does not start under Windows XP SP2 - missing DLL : mingwm10.dll

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg aldert at rotz.org
Thu Feb 24 17:34:33 EST 2005

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:10:01PM +0100, Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg wrote:
>
>>Ian Goldberg wrote:
>>
>>>This is version 0.2.0, which is a pre-release for people to play with.
>>>While we think it will work for most people, it's certainly missing some
>>>features, and probably has some bugs (gasp!).
>>>
>>>If you use it, please send feedback (good and bad) to the otr-users
>>>list, or to the dev team at <otr at cypherpunks.ca>.
>>>

>>Ok, I got the windows file for the otrproxy 0.2.0
>>    http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/binaries/windows/otrproxy-0.2.0.exe
>>
>>And it does not want to start with the error :
>>	Missing DLL : mingwm10.dll
>

> Does this happen when you run the installer, or when you run the actual
> program?

Program.

When I let the installer start the otrproxy it dies on me silently and
when I try to start otrproxy.exe by clicking on it or from a command
prompt it shows me this dll error.

In Windows Task Manager otrproxy.exe is -not- running in the background
after this error. (fyi so you know it does not start, give an error
but is working anyway, it dies after the error on the screenshot.)

Aldert.