[OTR-users] Gaim2 and OTR3

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Sun Dec 18 20:01:19 EST 2005

Ian:

I think I speak for the entire community when I say, you're a pimp.

On 12/18/05, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 02:37:06PM -0600, Eugene Y. Vasserman wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > So, the Gaim2 beta seems to be out. Would be nice to see a compatible
> > OTR3. Then I can make a clean break from Gaim 1. :)
> > Thanks very much for all your great work,
> > Eugene
>
> I just checked in a patch (based on the one Dustin sent in) to make
> gaim-otr work with gaim2.  When I checked earlier today, though, there
> wasn't a win32 build of gaim2 yet, so I can't build a win32 version of
> the plugin.
>
>    - Ian

Here's an idea that would save the world:  I think, we should get some large
magnetic rings and attach wires to them such that one wire is attached to
each of a set of two magnetic rings in opposing polarity. Then, we should
dig up everyone that was a great thinker of the enlightenment and dip them
in molten iron. After that, following Maxwell's famous equations, we'll just
tell that girl and all the other stupids that we prayed for it to happen and
jebus made it work, we'll put all of our iron covered thinkers of the
enlightenment back in their graves inside the magnetic rings. Once there,
the combined speed with which they turn will be enough to ween us off fossil
fuels.

—NATE OBORNY, TALKING ABOUT A GIRL WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING