[OTR-users] Discussion of the use of "his" as a gender-neutral pronoun in an unlikely place

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Tue Dec 6 13:53:36 EST 2005

but if alice hasn't ended her session yet, and tries to send something to
bob, it will refuse to send it until she's ended her side as well.  did i
get some abberant version of otr?

clay

On 12/6/05, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> > my experience is that it won't even allow plain text until after i
> submit to
> > that.
>
> What do you mean?  If Alice and Bob are in a private conversation, and
> Bob ends his side of it, and then sends a plaintext message to Alice,
> Alice will see it, along with a warning telling her that it was received
> unprotected.
>
>    - Ian

THE LAST PERSON TO DIE BY FIRING SQUAD IN THE
US WAS JOHN ALBERT TAYLOR, IN UTAH IN 1996.