[OTR-users] OTR for jabber

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Dec 16 19:08:49 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:24:40PM +0100, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> are there any efforts underway to make OTR encryption available to
> Jabber?

We use it with Jabber now; if you connect to a Jabber server with gaim,
OTR will work just fine.

> Is there enough of a specification to make sure independent,
> different implementations of OTR will be able to talk to each other?

That's the plan.  If the Protocol document isn't complete enough for
that, it's broken, and needs to be fixed.  If you're lazy, though, the
libotr client-independent library part of the code does a lot of the
work for you.