[OTR-users] Fantastic ... and a bug?

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Dec 13 18:06:50 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> Paul is apparently Very Close to having OTR working on Windows gaim. ;-)

Yes. My current state is:

- I've used Windows XP, and successfully compiled GAIM on it from source,
   using the mingw compiler and a minimum cygwin setup, as described on
   gaim's windows page.
- I've managed to compile libgpg-error on XP with mingw after going through
   tremendous DOS pains.
- I've setup a cross compile on Linux for the mingw cross compiler.
- I've cross-compiled libgpg-error
- I've cross-compiled libgcrypt, and managed to get libgcrypt.dll (untested!)
- I've cross-compiled gaim-otr with minor mingw related tweaking

My problem now is that of linking. It might not be too hard, but I ran out of
time for it two days ago, and haven't managed to pick it up. Also, I doubt
windows gaim cross compiles on Linux, so this complicates the linking phase
a bit. I fear this last step needs to happen on windows, because otherwise
I'm missing some symbols from gaim to link against.

Though I'm not a cross=compile expert, so I could be completely wrong.
If there is an interest, I can make my Windows and Linux trees available
for others to try and catch up, reproduce or finish the work.

Feel free to try it out against me, PaulWouters at jabber.org

Paul
--
    Math is case-sensitive