[OTR-users] Fantastic ... and a bug?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:56:33 EST 2004

I'm thrilled to find OTR, as it has exactly the cryptographic
properties I desire in a chat system...  It would be nice if there was
a facility to authenticate OTR signature keys using GPG so users could
leverage an existing web-of-trust, but I guess thats easy enough to do
by hand.

Most of my aim using friends are windows (mostly gaim though), not
online, or center icq users.. so I haven't been able to test it yet,
but I did try establishing an OTR conversation with myself...
Whenever I transmit I get  " ?OTR Error: You transmitted a malformed
data message"

I haven't looked at the source code, so I'll assume that OTR doesn't
already, but it might be useful from a privacy standpoint to insert
some amount of random padding in the messages to help disguise the
length of messages.