[OTR-dev] OTRv4 third draft

Sofía Celi cherenkov at riseup.net
Wed Oct 30 11:32:20 EDT 2019

Hey!

My name is Sofía and I'm the person leading the current OTRv4 project. I've
sent some drafts of the OTRv4 protocol in the past, that we have made with
my team ;)

This email is to present the third revision of the OTRv4 protocol draft,
which
can be found here:

https://github.com/otrv4/otrv4/blob/master/otrv4.md

We are sending this to get the feedback from the community of thoughts
around
it.

As we are moving forward with the work, we are also interested in
doing formal verifications (which some people have been interested of
doing in
the past) of the protocol. If you are interested, let us know!

We have been working on several things at the same time, so if you are
interested in helping us in the C or Golang library, let us know! We are
also writing an OTRv4 RFC and XEP, so if you are interested, let us know as
well ;)

Here is the "Contributing" document if interested:
https://github.com/otrv4/otrv4/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

On the future, we will also held another OTRv4 summit, so be tuned for it.

Thanks!

The OTRv4 team

--
Sofía Celi