[OTR-dev] Reproducible builds of pidgin-otr for Windows

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Mar 20 14:55:14 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 07:45:37PM +0100, Jurre van Bergen wrote:
> On 03/20/2016 07:41 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 07:36:30PM +0100, Jurre van Bergen wrote:
> >> However, I will retry with installing the bison package first.
> > That wasn't the only issue (but it was indeed one of the issues).  The
> > other issue is that zip file you created had a "win32_export" top level
> > directory that shouldn't be there.  The Makefile.mingw cd's into that
> > directory before creating the zip, so I'm not sure why that would be
> > there?  (Also, your zip file had a different name from the one the
> > Makefile.mingw creates; did you rename it yourself?  Or did you create
> > the zipfile yourself instead of using the pidgin-otr-4.0.2.zip the
> > INSTALL.mingw program creates for you?)
>
> I renamed that directory myself since it didn't zip it (I didn't had the
> dependency installed).

This is a first cut of the required packages:

sudo apt-get install mingw32 nsis faketime bison zip unzip tar \
        wget diffutils findutils build-essential automake patch \
	perl-base

[Well, the above and their dependencies, of course.]

If you could try a bare-bones Ubuntu 14.04 Docker, plus the above
packages, and let me know what happens, that would be great!

Thanks,