[OTR-dev] Attention OTR packagers: provide RC1 feedback by the end of Monday

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Oct 18 11:50:23 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:13:46AM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Greg Troxel wrote (15 Oct 2014 17:49:09 GMT) :
> > That sounds fine, except that packaging systems will want to start with
> > a release tarball and update the pkg and see if it is all ok, which then
> > can lead to a respin.   So I'd suggest putting up a 'make dist' draft
> > output as early as is sane to let that process get going.
>
> A RC1 would be good too, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not
> strictly needed, as long as there's time to
> prepare/release/package/uploade a point-release to fix serious issues
> identified in the initial release.

Fair enough.  Here are the release candidate 1 tarballs:

https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/libotr-4.1.0-rc1.tar.gz
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/pidgin-otr-4.0.1-rc1.tar.gz

All packagers: please try these out and post here by the end of Monday
(20 Oct) whether or not something is amiss.

Paul in particular: the above tarballs still contain the 4.0.0 spec
files.  Please send me ones for the new versions if you want them
included in the release.

I will next try to build the Windows binaries.  I've never tried that on
this new machine, so hopefully the instructions in the repo haven't
bitrotted too badly... :-p

Thanks, all!