[OTR-dev] the state on mpOTR?

Nadim Kobeissi nadim at nadim.cc
Thu Mar 27 16:30:03 EDT 2014

Hi Guy,
We’ve been working on preparing a first draft for the specification of the protocol. Once our first draft is ready and reviewed, we will open it for public review on this list. However, the current state of the specification draft is not mature enough to be open for public review. It would be a better use of everyone’s time if we waited until we could show them a substantial, mature draft. As I’m sure you understand, these things take time, and we need to make sure we have something substantial before we ask everyone on this list to generously contribute their time to review our proposed spec.

Later this April we are organizing a summit here in Montreal to invite visiting cryptographers to review and comment on our first draft before we open it for public review. I see that you work for Mega — one of your colleagues (Ximin Luo) was already invited to this summit, so surely we haven’t been as “fishy” as you suggest, and I’m not sure why you seem to be complaining about a lack of involvement.

Regarding our upcoming summit, we’ve taken care to invite a mix of theory-focused, implementation-focused and usability-focused individuals so that we can use that summit to make sure we have something substantial to present for public review in May. Rest assured that once we’ve done all the polishing we can, we will open a draft for public review in order to incorporate comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
NK