No subject

Sat Jun 28 11:42:51 EDT 2014

I had a lengthy email conversation with Ian Goldberg, one of the
authors of OTR, libotr and the gaim-otr plugin. If you read the OTR
spec carefully, you will see that it specifies optional HTML-formating
in the plaintext. As OTR-messages are merely encapsulated using Jabber
(or other) protocols, Ian thinks (as do I after thinking about it) that
the OTR specs supersede the standards of "lower level" protocols such
as XMPP. It is the job of an OTR plugin to process the HTML tags in the
plaintext, if they are not used by the client it's the plugins job to
strip them.<br>

------=_Part_201152_33376833.1174578923153--