[OTR-dev] New mailing list for general discussion

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Wed Jan 29 17:36:16 EST 2014

Hi OTR-dev,

A new mailing list is starting which might be of interest.

Messaging at moderncrypto.org will be for general topics in secure
messaging.  We're hoping to attract people from different
secure-messaging projects to discuss and exchange ideas.

This was partly inspired by some great discussions on OTR-dev in
recent months (e.g. transcript consistency, group key agreement).
Some of these discussions apply to systems beyond just OTR and mpOTR
(for example: TextSecure, Pond, Briar, secure mail, etc.)  So I've
talked with people like Ximin Luo, George Kadianakis, and Ian
Goldberg, and it seemed reasonable to try to generalize those
discussions, give them a long-term home, and get different
perspectives involved.

Anyways, I hope some of you join, and help kick off some good
discussions in the coming days!

https://moderncrypto.org

Trevor