[OTR-dev] libotr default query message

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Feb 18 18:57:38 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:35:41AM +0100, Martin Milata wrote:
> In theory, otrl_init could detect that the application is using the
> older API and does not know the error code. But I suppose most
> applications use the OTRL_INIT macro shortcut which kind of defeats the
> version check.

No, that's probably the right thing.  The OTRL_INIT macro tells the
(runtime) libotr what version the (compile-time) application expects, so
the runtime can behave appropriately.  We used this in a couple of
places in the 3.x series, and there's still one check of otrl_version in
message.c doing something similar.