[OTR-dev] /me bug

Peter Lawler otr.dev at bleeter.id.au
Tue Sep 10 20:49:27 EDT 2013

On 11/09/13 10:42, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Does this apply to /me in other protocols, or only IRC? Ian seemed to
> imply that it was only IRC, but XMPP has support for /me too.

Don't quote me on this, but I *think* it might be that originally, IRC
prpl was written with hard coded /me (did AIM have a /me?). As more
prpls came along, certain / commands should've been totally abstracted
out. Maybe that wasn't done/finished etc. thus leaving some spots in the
IRC prpl with legacy crud.

As I say, don't quote me. But I just wouldn't be surprised if this is an
accurate description of what lead to the code being like it is and the
behaviour as observed.

Pete.