[OTR-dev] git mirror, bug tracker, etc

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Sep 10 12:54:59 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been thinking a lot about git repos, taking patches, doing
continuous integration, reproducible builds, bug tracking and so on.

Ideally, I'd like one place where people will send us code - as well as
where they may report issues. It seems that no one likes or uses Source
Forge; I can't really blame them. I also dislike the interface provided
by SF...

If I had a git mirror on github for OTR code (libotr, pidgin-otr) and
other related projects, would people use it? Would they prefer gitorious?

Ideally, I'd be able to track a bug report in a way that users will find
worthwhile. At the moment, people are contacting me on jabber or irc but
the history of the bug reporting is lost.

Thoughts?

All the best,
Jake