[OTR-dev] a single secret key for all accounts?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Oct 31 22:47:47 EDT 2013

Is there a particular reason why OTR apps generally create a new secret key
for each account rather than generating a single key and using it for all
accounts?  Our keysync app[1] is basically is a band-aid to ameliorate the
proliferation of OTR keys, so I'm curious what issues we should be thinking
about as we progress.  I've been thinking that the next step is that keysync
should pick a single secret key and use it everywhere with the goal of making
it more likely that both sides are using verified keys.

[1] https://guardianproject.info/apps/keysync/

.hc