[OTR-dev] Fwd: Re: pidgin-otr problems receiving packets

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Mon Oct 21 16:30:14 EDT 2013

I discovered that you can put a file called otr.max_message_size (<protocol>\t<max_packet_size>\n)
in the .purple directory. That did the trick. :D

Thought, this is far from satisfying. This is quite some hassle and
users won't find this out easily without extensive search.
I think I've got this issue before a few years ago using pidgin and some
other protocol and never figured it out - and gave up.

Can something be done?