[OTR-dev] OTR over SIP?

Daniel ".koolfy" Faucon koolfy at koolfy.be
Tue Mar 19 04:47:10 EDT 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:06:38 +0000
Nathan of Guardian <nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:

> Jitsi supports short/instant messaging[0] via SIP-over-TLS. Jitsi also
> supports OTR.
>
> Anyone have any success doing OTR-over-SIP?
>
> Thanks!
>
> +n

Jitsi uses ZRTP for the SIP encryption, I don't remember if ZRTP
provides PFS or not, if I recall correctly it does. So it's kind of
"OTR for SIP"-ish...

Is that what you meant?

(I tried to make it work with the previous version of Jitsi but had
problems with Jitsi bugs, I should try with the last version. I have
heard of friends who made it work flawlessly so it shouldn't be too
hard.)

--
Daniel ".koolfy" Faucon

Tel: France : (+33)(0)658/993.700
PGP Fingerprint : 485E 7C63 8D29 F737 FEA2  8CD3 EA05 30E6 15BE 9FA5