[OTR-dev] Clever logging for weechat_otr plugin (+ log management discussion)

Daniel ".koolfy" Faucon koolfy at koolfy.be
Thu Mar 14 15:41:29 EDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:10:02 -0400
Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:35:51PM +0100, Daniel .koolfy Faucon wrote:
> > - pidgin-otr as a checkbox to disable logging of OTR conversations,
> > but it's not checked by default.
>
> Wait; didn't this change in 4.0.0?  If I remember correctly, the
> default is now not to log, *and* whenever an OTR session starts, it
> *tells* you whether it's logging or not.
>
> [And if you're wondering why I wouldn't be the one to know this for
> sure, well, it's just been that kind of month.]
>
>    - Ian

I just checked on a clean environment, and indeed, what pidgin-otr
4.0.0 does is pretty much what I suggested. You are right.

Great choice.

I think I'll actually conform the weechat-otr plugin to this behavior.
(ie: add an option to re-enable OTR logging with a warning displayed)

Now, some questions are left:

- How hard would it be to make the same on irssi-otr ?
- How hard would it be to convince Jitsi devs to do the same ? (I think
  I'll contact them.)

--
Daniel ".koolfy" Faucon

Tel: France : (+33)(0)658/993.700
PGP Fingerprint : 485E 7C63 8D29 F737 FEA2  8CD3 EA05 30E6 15BE 9FA5