[OTR-dev] finch & otr

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Sat Jun 29 14:55:32 EDT 2013

Am Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:58:38 -0400
schrieb Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca>:

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 06:37:30PM +0200, kardan wrote:
> > Am Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:46:26 -0400
> > schrieb Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca>:

> > > I'm not sure I understand what's going on.  Who added AM_PROG_AR
> > > to configure.ac?  It looks like something in your autotools, but
> > > then the rest of your autotools didn't recognize it?  Are you
> > > sure all of your components are on a consistent version?
> > >
> > >    - Ian
> >
> > Thanks for your answer! The patch is by me, I added the lines after
> > the libtool warnings/errors. The issue is the '--is-lightweight'
> > option added by aclocal (part of automake) that is not recognized
> > by the 'missing' script which is part of the repository. I assume
> > it is outdated but I do not understand where the option exactly
> > comes from.
> >
> > Kardan
> >
> > ./missing			scriptversion=2005-06-08.21
> > ii  autotools-dev			  20130515.1
> > ii  automake                              1:1.13.3-1
> > ii  autoconf                              2.69-1
> > ii  make                                  3.81-8.2
> > ii  devscripts                            2.13.2
> > ii  libtool                               2.4.2-1.2
> > ii  libltdl7:i386                         2.4.2-1.2
> > ii  libltdl-dev:i386                      2.4.2-1.2
>
> Ah, I see.  You'd have to ask hyc (the purple-otr maintainer), but I
> think a simple expedient would just be to copy the "missing" script
> from your version of automake (/usr/share/automake-*/missing).
>
>    - Ian
Thanks! These are the details I am not aware of. Here is the next one:

export LIBS=/usr/include/libotr/
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
configure: error: in `/home/kardan/build/purple-otr':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log'
for more details checking whether the C compiler works... no

gcc version 4.7.3 (Debian 4.7.3-4)
configure:3172: $? = 0
configure:3161: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3172: $? = 4
configure:3161: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3172: $? = 4
configure:3192: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3214: gcc    conftest.c /usr/include/libotr/ >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/include/libotr/: File format not
recognized collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3218: $? = 1
configure:3256: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "purple-otr"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "purple-otr"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "3.2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "purple-otr 3.2.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define PACKAGE "purple-otr"
| #define VERSION "3.2.1"