[OTR-dev] finch & otr

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Sat Jun 29 12:37:30 EDT 2013

Am Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:46:26 -0400
schrieb Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca>:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 08:00:15PM +0200, kardan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > am on this list since some months but found no time for reading so
> > far. Now I enjoyed the threads very much. Maybe I will give
> > irssi-otr a try in the near future. I hope I can help with testing
> > while learning in this fine community.
> >
> > For finch with otr integration I used [1] some months ago and it
> > worked pretty well. Now I am stuck with a configure error.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what's going on.  Who added AM_PROG_AR to
> configure.ac?  It looks like something in your autotools, but then the
> rest of your autotools didn't recognize it?  Are you sure all of your
> components are on a consistent version?
>
>    - Ian

Thanks for your answer! The patch is by me, I added the lines after the
libtool warnings/errors. The issue is the '--is-lightweight' option
added by aclocal (part of automake) that is not recognized by the
'missing' script which is part of the repository. I assume it is
outdated but I do not understand where the option exactly comes from.

Kardan

./missing			scriptversion=2005-06-08.21
ii  autotools-dev			  20130515.1
ii  automake                              1:1.13.3-1
ii  autoconf                              2.69-1
ii  make                                  3.81-8.2
ii  devscripts                            2.13.2
ii  libtool                               2.4.2-1.2
ii  libltdl7:i386                         2.4.2-1.2
ii  libltdl-dev:i386                      2.4.2-1.2