[OTR-dev] mpOTR redux - now in git

Nadim Kobeissi nadim at nadim.cc
Thu Feb 14 20:56:04 EST 2013

Jacob,
In the discussion that you linked to (
https://github.com/ioerror/mpOTR/issues/2), you only agreed to take up your
responsibility to credit the original authors after I repeatedly requested
it five or six times. There are still problems:

   1. You are refusing to license the research under its original license.
   You are committing a breach of our AGPLv3 license. Please license the work
   clearly under the AGPLv3 immediately.
   2. Pursuant with the attribution requirements of the AGPLv3, please make
   sure you correctly attribute the original licensees.

Anyone who reads our discussion at
https://github.com/ioerror/mpOTR/issues/2can see that you are
absolutely acting in bad faith. Please do the very
minimum and license your fork under the AGPLv3, with proper license
attribution. Anything less is unacceptable.

And I completely refuse to take this discussion of the OTR-dev list. It is
absolutely relevant to this list, many of the contributors are on this list
and I would most certainly like you to be held accountable for your
behaviour in bad faith.

NK