[OTR-dev] Moving away from sourceforge to github?

Daniel Kraft d at domob.eu
Wed Aug 28 04:46:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 2013-08-28 10:39, Max wrote:
> 27.08.2013 22:46, Jurre van Bergen пишет:
>> I came across the following article:
>> http://www.gluster.org/2013/08/how-far-the-once-mighty-sourceforge-has-fallen/
>>
>> Since all the OTR stuff is on sourceforge and we would not like it that
>> users are tricked by sourceforge by installing spyware.. I would propose
>> to move away from Sourceforge and migrate to Github.
>>

> Github is private company running proprietary software - I think
> https://gitorious.org/ is much better alternative.

not that I had anything to say (because I'm not an OTR developer, just
interested), but I agree here.  I'd rather see Gitorious being used than
Github, although of course the raised possibility of a dedicated server
hosting the git repository is best and the "most independent".

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/