[OTR-dev] Moving away from sourceforge to github?

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Aug 27 17:55:40 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:46:29PM +0200, Jurre van Bergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across the following article:
> http://www.gluster.org/2013/08/how-far-the-once-mighty-sourceforge-has-fallen/
>
> Since all the OTR stuff is on sourceforge and we would not like it that
> users are tricked by sourceforge by installing spyware.. I would propose
> to move away from Sourceforge and migrate to Github.
>
> Paul, Ian, Jake, what do you guys think?
>
> All the best,
> Jurre

I've already started the process of buying a new machine to be the
official host of the OTR software. (Soon with https! About bloody time!)
Once we migrate all that stuff, we can think about deprecating
sourceforge.  Pretty much the only thing there are the trackers and the
git, so it doesn't seem too hard.