[OTR-dev] OTR-dev Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed May 2 13:36:43 EDT 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> On 05/02/2012 09:08 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I guess that doesn’t make a lot of sense imho. It won’t be usable in the Mac or iOS AppStores due to licensinc constraints of the (L)GPL. I’m currently looking for helping hands and some sponsoring to natively reimplement libotr in Objective-C under a BSD license.
> I would look at what Chris has already done here: https://github.com/chrisballinger/Off-the-Record-iOS

Careful, that uses a few (L)GPL'ed libraries like libgcrypt and libotr, so putting that code into the Apple App Store is in violation of the terms of the (L)GPL since the Apple App Store Terms conflict with the GPL.  Distributing GPL software for iOS outside of the App Store is totally clear in terms of the GPL.

.hc