[OTR-dev] irssi-otr 1.0.0-alpha1 authentication interop issue with pidgin-otr ?

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Dec 14 12:39:22 EST 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2012, David Goulet wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/cryptodotis/irssi-otr
>
> I packaged it up and tested it. It seems to work for me. Testing with
> multiple logins, no otr wars etc :)

So we did find one interop issue. It seems an irssi user and a piding
user cannot authenticate each other. We tried using shared secret, and
I tried on the pidgin side using question&answer (but I'm not sure if
the person on the irssi side had that option or confused it for
"secret")

If any irssi-otr user wants to test this, I'm letoams on freenode (in
#fedora-devel)

Paul