[OTR-dev] [RELEASE] irssi-otr 1.0.0-alpha1

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Mon Dec 3 13:31:28 EST 2012

Paul Wouters:
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2012, David Goulet wrote:
>
>> We are happy to announce the "rebirth" of irssi-otr now only
>> supporting libotr4 with some enhancement to the last version of
>> 2009. :)
>>
>> It's an alpha one version meaning that we want to get it out
>> there, reviewed, tested, broken down, etc... before any stable
>> tag is set.
>>
>> Any comments/contributions on build system, compilation,
>> usability, fixes, security, OTR usage, bugs!, etc... any
>> feedbacks is more than welcome. Don't hesitate to email or fill
>> up a bug on github.
>>
>> https://github.com/cryptodotis/irssi-otr
>>
>> Download:
>> https://github.com/cryptodotis/irssi-otr/archive/v1.0.0-alpha1.zip

We hope to be able to quickly push packages for distros and get it out
>> there once stable!
>
> How does this relate to http://irssi-otr.tuxfamily.org/

It's a forked and now a huge refactoring.

We had a *lot* of trouble getting in touched with Uli. He reappeared
three or four months ago saying he still wants to maintain the project
but "disappeared" again and we did not heard from him either on IRC or
by mail.

It's nothing against his project but the forked here came after having
trouble with the code, build system and maintainer ship so we decided
to fork it, enhanced it and move it on the cryptodot.is github to
build an open source community around it stimulated by cryptodotis. :)

Hope that clarifies things!

Cheers!
David