[OTR-dev] 4.0.0-rc3 ready to roll. Please try it out!

Thibaut VARENE varenet at debian.org
Mon Aug 27 19:49:34 EDT 2012

While I'm there, one thing I should probably point out while you're still in RC:

X: libotr5: shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/libotr.so.5.0.0
N:
N:    The listed shared library calls the C library exit() or _exit()
N:    functions.
N:
N:    In the case of an error, the library should instead return an
N:    appropriate error code to the calling program which can then determine
N:    how to handle the error, including performing any required clean-up.
N:
N:    In most cases, removing the call should be discussed with upstream,
N:    particularly as it may produce an ABI change.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: shared-libs, Type: binary, udeb
N:
N:    This tag is marked experimental, which means that the code that
N:    generates it is not as well-tested as the rest of Lintian and might
N:    still give surprising results. Feel free to ignore experimental tags
N:    that do not seem to make sense, though of course bug reports are always
N:    welcomed.
N:

That aside, it builds fine, including with hardening. Uploaded to
experimental queue to replace the buggy rc1 that was previously
uploaded.

HTH