[OTR-dev] Last-minute change to libotr 4 API

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Aug 26 09:48:51 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 08:54:56PM -0700, Arlo Breault wrote:
> If it's only the first messages, you can start the conversation with
> heartbeat packets so that compromising them is meaningless.

Nice idea!  But then we'd have to *require* all OTR clients to implement
this.  Since not all OTR clients use libotr (there are a number of
compatible implementations now, though not yet of the new version of the
protocol), it seems bad to force them to change their behaviour because
of a wart in the API of libotr.

Thanks,