[OTR-dev] Packagers: please check out 4.0.0-rc1

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Aug 24 11:36:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 06:56:07PM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> Please let me know if there's anything that could use changing before
> 4.0.0, which I hope to release on Friday.  Particularly look at the new
> build-hardening flags, to ensure we didn't break anything in your
> OS/distro's build system.

4.0.0 will not happen today.  More testing of the 4.0.0 software is
needed; we ran into some big bugs when testing the Windows build today,
and we need to track them down.

Please help by testing it yourself, both between two 4.0.0 clients and
between 4.0.0 and 3.x clients.

Here's the latest Windows build:

http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-0-rc2a.exe

The latest source is on the master branch in the sourceforge git repos.

We definitely need more eyes on this before it can go out.

Thanks,