[OTR-dev] human-readable message hints for session life cycle events

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:41:22 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I love OTR, but occasionally I have to tell someone "no otr!"

But sometimes I find out that my friend is not messaging me, but
rather has ended our OTR session.

Perhaps it can be worked into the existing protocol, or just put into
a checklist somewhere for a future revision of the protocol, to tell a
user that an OTR message is ending the OTR session.

Perhaps I have not thought it through enough and there is a reason to
disguise this message, but if I recall the details of OTR's design
goals, this should not be the case.

Is there any way I could tell that now if I didn't have an OTR client?

Thanks for this great software :)

--
http://codebad.com/