[OTR-dev] Pidgin + Yahoo not support SMP?

chris-tuchs at hushmail.com chris-tuchs at hushmail.com
Sun Jul 26 05:25:29 EDT 2009

Does Pidgin correctly do SMP over a Yahoo IM connection?  I have
never seen it work and I suspect I know the cause.  When I test my
SMP code using the 3-men-in-the-middle set up, I only see the last
chunk of fragmented messages coming from Pidgin.  When I initiate
the SMP in Second life I get only the fourth of four chunks from
Pidgin, and when Pidgin initiates SMP I get only the second chunk
of a two part message.

Is this a known issue?  Is the a fix or work-around?  I am using
Pidgin 2.5.8 (libpurple 2.5.8) according to "help > about"

Chris