[OTR-dev] Require encryption

chris-tuchs at hushmail.com chris-tuchs at hushmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:48:24 EDT 2009

There seems to be code to support setting up libotr with a policy
that requires encryption.  Who notifies whom about policy
'breaches' in this case?

Suppose Bob requires encryption, Alice doesn't.  Then Alice tries
to IM Bob in plain text.  What parts of their respective libotr
code gets executed and who gets told it isn't allowed?

The symptoms we are seeing are that Alice gets no reply from Bob
and that neither gets any notification of the problem.  Is there a
bug in libotr, in our use of it, in our understanding of it?  I
suspect a bug in our use, a co-developer is implementing a auto-
responder outside the libotr code base.

Chris