[OTR-dev] Reccomended version of libgcrypt? Libotr status messages.

chris-tuchs at hushmail.com chris-tuchs at hushmail.com
Wed Jul 22 04:40:50 EDT 2009

One of the other developers on the GreenLife Emerald Viewer team
found and fixed a bug in libgcrypt 1.2.2 that causes the program to
hang when generating a private/public key pair under microsoft
windows 7 OS.  I went to the libgcrypt site to see what they knew
about the issue.  Turns out the most current version is 1.4.4 and
is GPL3, and the most recent LGPL version is 1.2.3.

What version of libgcrypt is recommended?

Due to the nature of IM in Second Life, HTML markup looks ugly.  Is
there a better way to change the messages libotr generates than to
edit proto.c and message.c?

We have a significant number of German speakers who use GreenLife,
how is localization/translation handled?

Chris