[OTR-dev] Interop problems with libotr - DSA signature

Christian Fromme kaner.mail at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 04:36:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Werner
Dittmann<Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de> wrote:
>> Note that if you can get the standard DSA implementation you're using to
>> not hash its input,
>
> The current BC DSA signature implemenation just takes the input and does not
> hash it (only the JCE variant performs a hash before it signs, the

We're working on a Java version of OTR, too. We also use BC DSA but
didn't encounter the problem described yet because we didn't test this
so far. So thanks for the heads up!

I am wondering, under what licence will your otr4j lib be released, Werner?

And also, are you using BC libs as well for your implementation, Ian?
Or something else? Wrote your own?

Best,
Christian