[OTR-dev] Pidgin plugin development and GUI look

hcat at gmx.net hcat at gmx.net
Wed May 28 15:40:05 EDT 2008

> It's in the scrollable help text.  We could easily add a help button,
> but you'd still be missing a lot of the text that's there now.
I would just describe the selected auth method in 2-3 lines in the dialog and then link to a webpage with in-depths information and examples. Security is not a trivial matter and users should at least have a basic understanding of what they are doing, which is best done reading some introduction document but not fitting tons of information for 1st time users in every dialog etc.

[This is re your other mail about the toolbar button:]

> Tell me what you think.  In any event, I'd change the menu to look like
> the ones in the menu bar.
I like it. It would be nice to be able to disable the menu integration optionally.

Cheers,
-Michael
--
Super-Aktion nur in der GMX Spieleflat: 10 Tage für 1 Euro.
Über 180 Spiele downloaden: http://flat.games.gmx.de