[OTR-dev] Re: Requirements for libotr4

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Jul 10 11:08:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 03:02:45PM +0200, Uli M wrote:
> Ian,
>
> one last question: Is the assessment I made somewhere else in this
> thread[1] correct that not creating a key in the create privkey
> callback leads to the same result as not defining the callback at all?
> I.e. is it indeed OK to start background generation there and just let
> the ongoing handshake fail?

I believe nothing will break, except of course that the handshake will
fail rather than automatically continuing after the key is generated
(the way it works now).

But perhaps with the patch to use /dev/urandom I just posted, this whole
background thread thing is unnecessary.  I'll leave the facility in,
though, in case some IM client really does want to use /dev/random
in the background.