[OTR-dev] OTR button focus issue

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Nov 16 12:07:15 EST 2007

Usage case:

I double click on "Ian" in by buddy list. I get a conversation window. Now I want
to start OTR (I have him on default settings, not crypto-only). So I click on
the OTR button. I am not in private mode.

So I start typing, usually something like "Hi".

As soon as I hit return, I notice that the focus of the window was actually not on
the conversation part, but on the OTR button. I just typed random letters into it,
and as soon as I hit return, OTR starts another round of initiating OTR to Ian.

Meanwhile Ian sees something like:

(11:45:27 AM) Unverified conversation with Paul/home started
(11:45:29 AM) Unverified conversation with Paul/home started
(11:45:31 AM) Unverified conversation with Paul/home started

Is there anything wrong with changing the focus of the window from the OTR button
to the input window when going to a Private conversation?

Paul