[OTR-dev] session termination

Marti Raudsepp marti at juffo.org
Thu May 31 01:37:32 EDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Joseph Elwell <jelwell at singleclick.com> wrote:
> It's as if the Mac has the port stuck and won't
> let OTR Proxy have access to the port.

I haven't followed the rest of this discussion, but this problem seems
similar to what happens on Linux -- connections will remain in
TIME_WAIT state for some time after they have been disconnected, and
this prevents programs from binding to any of the ports used by the
connection. There's a cure for it -- SO_REUSEADDR.

If you can be bothered, you might want to try if setting it before
binding the socket.

Marti