[OTR-dev] Lost OTR keys when upgrading from Gaim beta 5 to beta 6

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Mar 6 01:44:14 EST 2007

An Ubuntu user filed a bug[1] about some problems he encountered when
upgrading from Gaim 2.0.0 beta 5 to Gaim 2.0.0 beta 6.  The problems are
related to the split of prpl-oscar into prpl-aim and prpl-icq.

"The most serious problem I encountered was the fact, that ALL my icq
("oscar") OTR-keys and fingerprints were no longer found by gaim until I
manually renamed all references in the config."

I'm not familiar with the OTR plugin and don't know how yous guys store OTR
keys and fingerprints, but you might need to rename your settings if the user
is running Gaim 2.0.0 beta 6 or higher.  If this has already been fixed, or is
not a real problem then please ignore me.

Thanks,
Mark

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gaim/+bug/88647