[OTR-dev] session termination

Scott Ellis mail at scottellis.com.au
Sun Jun 10 09:31:22 EDT 2007

> Of course I enabled the timeout option.

Sorry but you'd be surprised at the number of times the 'problem' is
something simple lilke that.

I don't see the point of this option though - the Miranda plugin already
> worked flawlessly (at least for me) when the other person went offline
> or sent a termination message.
> The Miranda-Gaim session termination problem will still occur, or am I
> missing something?

It's just a usability issue - a lot of users were just complaining about OTR
behaviour with the finished state, not letting them send messages. Only
indirectly related to the problems with miranda/gaim sessions, but still on
topic for 'session termination'.