[OTR-dev] gmail spam

Andri aoeuid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:50:03 EDT 2007

Nikita Borisov wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
>> I don't use gmail; is there a way to tell why gmail thinks otr-dev is
>> spam?
>
> Not really, it's "magic".  I think it's personalized based on your
> incoming mail, though -- otr-dev wasn't marked as spam for me.
>
> - Nikita

I've occasionally found both messages to this list and to the NFS list in my
GMails SPAMbox.
I'm certain this is because any encryption to personal messages makes it harder
for Google to collect private information and design The Matrix in the future ;)
And NFS is just in the way of bringing GoogleFS to the masses!

Perhaps someone has been actively marking some list-messages as SPAM, and GMail,
in its trusting state, applied similar conclusions to the messages of others.
Even though the possibility of false-positives is big, it seems like a smart way
to design SPAM-filters used by many. Spamrank, if you will.