[OTR-dev] [Patch] Internationalisation for gaim-otr

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Jul 7 16:13:25 EDT 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 06:17:01PM +0100, Thomas B. wrote:
> A few days ago, there was a discussion on otr-users about the
> translation of OTR, and I've commited to implement
> internationalisation support. Here's the first result: I've attached a
> tarball containing a patch with the changes I made to gaim-otr and
> also some new files that should go into the new po/ subdirectory. I
> was able to compile and run the patched gaim-otr on my Ubuntu 6.10
> system with a Gaim 2.0.0beta6 (compiled from source) as well as on
> Windows (see below). Please test it for yourselves and send me results
> and comments.

So that people are aware: I just i18n'd pidgin-otr (based on this
patch).  There are still constant strings in libotr, and the plan is
still to turn those into enums that the application will be responsible
for displaying.  That should happen for 4.0.0, but there is likely to be
a 3.1.0 pretty soon, with pidgin-otr, but not libotr, i18n'd.