[OTR-dev] Building otrproxy-0.3.1 with wxGTK-2.6

Hendrik Iben hiben at tzi.de
Sun Dec 2 07:06:33 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm just trying to get started using OTR and was firsted stopped when
trying to build otrproxy.
My linux distribution (Gentoo) does not support wxWindows 2.5 anymore
but wxGTK 2.6. The configure script is unable to use the 2.6 libraries
on my system and has some other problems.

After some trial-and-error I was able to solve my problems with a small
patch and maybe this is of use for somebody else.

I'm posting this to the user- and dev-mailing-list because I am not sure
where 'patching the source' fits... :-)

This patch only messes with the GUI-code and was tested with
wxGTK-2.6.3.3 on x86 and 2.6.4.0 on amd64.

Technically this patch only makes the linker use the non-static
wxGTK-libraries and resolves an ambigous constructor.

Best regards,
Hendrik