[OTR-dev] Two GUI issues

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Nov 19 23:12:02 EST 2006

While testing and running 2.0.0beta4 and gaim-otr we noticed two things.

1) The first OTR window to pop up "new fingerprint presented to you" is
   confusing (and useless). It shows the new fingerprint, but not the
   full identity of the user. It also does not show my own key. And it
   asks for "OK". This makes me think I need to "OK" the key, instead of
   "OK"ing the window. I suggest to just get rid of this window altogether
   and replace it with the "verify fingerprint" window, which really has
   everything we need, including a default of "I have not verified" for
   the OK button.
2) The verify fingerprint windows says "Fingerprint for you, myusername".
   This is confusing. Is it MY fingerprint or is it the other fingerprint
   that is "for me". Change "fingerprint for you" to "your fingerprint of"

Paul