[OTR-dev] proposed API change

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Jan 26 15:33:25 EST 2005

Similarly, error messages shouldn't have the OTR tag prepended... a
client should be able to display OTR messages how it wants.  This goes
hand in hand with needing error messages submitted to the client in a
unique way rather than as received messages (as discussed in the
Displaying OTR Errors (was: Re: Hmmm...) thread)

Possibilities, as an example:
- Prepend an OTR message (without the ugly question mark)
- Display it in a special window
- Tag encryption-related messages within the chat window in a special
way (color, emblem, etc.)
- Make loud noises and make the computer blow up

-Evan