[OTR-dev] SESS_DIR_LOW vs SESS_DIR_HIGH?

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Jan 26 11:26:45 EST 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sure, but this is way down on the usability scale.  I suspect almost
> no one does this, so perhaps showing the conection hashes should be a
> 'show details' option, rather than a 'in your face' behavior.

*nod* That's how Adium is going to handle it.  The menu off the
locked/unlocked emblem (currently in the message window toolbar, will
probably make its way elsewhere as well) has:
Initiate encrypted OTR chat
Show details...
About encryption...

Where initiate toggles to cancel once you are connected, show details
is desensitized/disabled until connected, and about encryption gives a
brief description of OTR and a link to the web site for more
information.