[OTR-dev] Hmmm.

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Jan 25 19:35:52 EST 2005

If you can leave the old function and add a new one, you don't have to
bump major.  But if it's a callback that's really annoying.

While I'm fussy about shlib versions, I don't see that the libotr
version has to follow the shlib version.  But I also don't see the
harm.

Waiting to batch changes is quite sane, too.  In src/libc in NetBSD
source tree there is a big list (12 things?) of things to change on
next major bump.  This would be a good prod to review the whole API
for any other issues.

  [In other news, I just got a AM_PATH_LIBOTR autoconf macro working,
  and the proxy is now autoconfiscated and using it.  :-) ]

Cool.  I was going to make up a libotr.pc.in file so that we could use
pkg-config to find libotr.  Basically pkg-config abstracts what you
want in something like AM_PATH_LIBOTR, providing generic code and a
data file.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>