[OTR-dev] libotr 1.0.3 OS X compile error

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Fri Jan 21 11:27:14 EST 2005

OS X has X11.app, which when launched runs an XWindows server which
should theoretically do anything XWindows normally does.  The default
Window manager even makes XWindows apps have OS X-like title bars and
close buttons and such.

Need to install the various Gaim dependencies, of course, to get Gaim
running... which works as perfectly in OS X X11 as it does on any other
system.  Here are the notes I made of things I ran into while
installing dependencies, FYI.

gnutils-1.0.3: Compiled with -undefined suppress -flat-namespace to get
rid of SBOX problems

# for OpenCDK
sudo ln -s /usr/include/malloc/malloc.h /usr/local/include

# for Glib
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libiconv.la /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib /usr/local/lib/libiconv.dylib

# running Gaim's autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -Iusr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include/" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/glib"
./autogen.sh --prefix="/usr/local" --with-gnutls-libs=/usr/local/lib
--disable-nis --disable-rpath --disable-perl --disable-tcl --disable-tk
--disable-gtkspell --disable-gtktest

-Evan